I am a certified fake-tan addict & could not live without the stuff! Spray tans, tinted body lotion, instant tanning gel I’ve tried them all. But no matter what brand I use they always seem to leave me with streaks, that horrid fake tan smell & an orange glow that just screams ‘Fake-tanner.’
That’s why I couldn’t believe my luck when I stumbled upon this little beauty, St. Moriz Self Tanning Mousse. At around the £3 mark I thought there was no way it could match up to the likes of my usual, more expensive fake tan products. But this is by far the best fake tan product I have used for an instant, natural looking tan.
My tips for St. Moriz:
- Always use a tan mitt, which you can get from Boots, Super Drug etc. There’s nothing more unattractive than dark brown palms!
- If you have quite dry skin I wouldn’t recommend using this fake tan straight after you get out of the shower as the skin doesn’t seem to soak it up as well.
- It's perfect if you haven’t got much time to get ready for a night out as you can literally apply this minutes before you leave the house because it dries so quickly –just be careful not to spill a drink on your arm as it will take the tan off. However, the longer the tan has been applied the more it will stick and water marks won’t be a problem – if I have time I tend to use it the night before.
- I've also recently discovered that although it is a wash-off tan, it still leaves quite a nice deep glow even after you have showered. So for a more natural look during the week, apply the tan before bed & then showering in the morning – it takes the majority of the tan off but still leaves you looking nice & sun-kissed
- Even though this is a body tan I do sometimes use it on my face – its prefect if you can’t be bothered to wear make-up but just need a bit of colour. I only put a small amount on my face & you have to make sure that you thoroughly rub it in as it can leave dark marks around your lips & eye sockets. But remember this does not help with coverage. If you have scars from blemishes or blackheads it may make them darker & highlight them even more (just be warned). You can also put a little of the fake tan on your face before applying your foundation – which is what I sometimes tend to do before a night out, again just another way to get a bit more colour instead of over doing it with the bronzer!
BEWARE – this is not a fake tan to leave on before you go to the gym! I learnt this the hard way when I fake tanned the night before a gym class, I forgot to wash it off the next morning & to my horror, where I had sweated not only had it come off but it had also left a green tinge!...Not the look to go for when you fancy the instructor.