Wednesday 15 February 2012

Lip Service

Want lips like Angelina Jolie or Rosie Huntington-Whiteley but without the painful injection, the answer is Lip Plumper...and it really does work!

These are just a few of my pout crushes...


Jealous much??...


....VERY!


At first I was a little sceptical of lip plumper’s but when I stumbled upon Sally Henson Lip Inflation Treatment I was pleasantly surprised. It was quite cheap at around £6.20 from Boots, it leaves a lovely glossy look without being too sticky, like some lip glosses I’ve tried and left my lips looking a lot fuller.


*The way  most lip plumpers work is they include ingredients like cinnamon to slightly irritate your skin, resulting in a fuller look – don’t worry it’s not as severe as it sounds.*

So when I ran out I decided to go one better and purchase the Sally Henson Lip Inflation Extreme – it left an even stronger tingle, maybe tingle isn’t the right word, slight sting (which can be even more irritating if its winter and you suffer from sore lips) however the result was as it says on the box...extreme.


Another lip plump that I now don't leave the house without is Too Faced Extreme Lip Injection. It’s a little more expensive at around £16 but I think it does vary depending on where you buy it. Again, this lip plump leaves a VERY strong tingle so you may need to fight the urge to rub it off, but it really does work. 


So when creating the full-lipped look, firstly I apply a skin coloured lip liner – this MAC ‘Boldly Bare’ Lip Pencil is perfect as it is not too dramatic but gives your lips a bit more definition. I only apply the lip liner to the Cupid ’s bow (which is the curve in your upper lip).


Then I use a highlighter powder or light coloured eye shadow and apply a little bit just above the cupids bow. I tend to use this MAC ‘Ricepaper’ Eye Shadow or if not a very light gold eye shadow will do, this highlighter then reflects the light and gives the impression of a fuller top lip.






When applying the lip gloss, I find that the closer to the edge of your lips you go, the fuller your lips appear, however just be careful not to overdo it as you may end up looking like you’ve applied your lippy without a mirror.


No comments:

Post a Comment